Deserved Damnation
“The end times are nigh! Ours is deserved damnation!”

The cry rang out from the doomsayer in the black of night, echoing throughout the nearly deserted streets. No rest for the damned the Red Wizard thought as he waddled along, finally reaching the Bezantur City Tombs. If he only knew how right he is, he would run screaming from the doom approaching.

The man made his way through the silent crypts. Adventurers had done their job well and the crypts had been near-barren of the more powerful undead that could pose any threat to him for years now. That will soon change - he was only holding them back for this moment in time.

He finally arrived in his master’s chambers, deep within the most ancient and hidden tombs of Bezantur. He was not alone. All the highest leaders of the Vengeful had been gathered, as he knew they would. The time has come! Now we shall finally move out of the shadows and put our plans to action! He gazed around the room at his peers, weighing each as he slowly made his way to the large chair kept for him.

There sat the vampire Victor, leader of the Shadow circle - master of their spy network and assassins. Once a puppet of Tam’s, then Velsharoon, and now of their leader directly, his responsibilities were quite dangerous and difficult. But with a legion of vampires behind you, that should make any task easier, he imagined. Except crossing a river or getting a tan he chuckled inwardly to himself.

Across from him sat the Old Man, who very un-originally called himself ‘The Thayan’, in charge of the Counter circle that worked to unbalance the power of the Reds. His was a neverending quest to bring those of a ‘good’ nature to Thay and willing or not, get them to work in cooperation with the enemies of Thay. Old fool he thought as his scowl turned the old man’s gaze from him with a sad smile.

Next to him sat Maligor, looking stone faced and quite perturbed. So he did survive both the cave-in and Tam’s discovery of him upon his less-than-triumphant return. Impressive. Apparently his attention did not go unnoticed as the leader of the Arcane Circle turned and sneered at him, shaking his head.

There was another man he did not know sitting next to his oversized chair. He must be the new leader of the Vengeful’s Temple Circle that had nearly imploded when Velsharoon had so ungratefully left them to assume the mantle of godhood. That debacle had nearly cost them both the Temple and Shadow circles, but for whatever reason Velsharoon had granted his patronage to the Vengeful after his ascension -or to at least their leader- and the decades of work spent on each had been salvaged for the most part. At least, that was his understanding. But then their master told them nothing of the workings or status of the different circles.

He sat down heavily in his chair, panting from the exertion of such a long walk. He knew many of the others were looking at him with contempt, but he had long ago risen above such petty emotions. He was perhaps the most savvy and richest man in Thay - hence his position as leader of the Trade Circle of the Vengeful. His activities funded everything they did. Let them sneer and scoff all they like. They depended on him. Just as their master. That was all that mattered.

Mere moments after he was seated the raspy voice of their master seemed to fill the dead air all around them with words each had waiting years, decades, or entire lifetimes to hear.

“Our plans have come to fruition. The necessary agents are in place. We move to claim Thay now! This is how we will begin...”

----------------------------------------------------------

This is the final campaign of the ‘Epic Saga’ campaign series that started with the Wheels in Motion campaign almost two years ago. It is also the final campaign of the current Thay PW setting, which upon completion will end in a setting reboot.

All players and PCs are welcome to join this campaign and I will make virtually all events run for it open to whoever would like to join. However, to ensure that this most events are held at a time we will have people available, I am looking for a core group of 5-8 players that believe they can make most of the events held over the course of the next 3 months or so. I will coordinate with those people initially so we can narrow down the good day(s) to hold the most important events so most of them can make it. Events for this campaign will not just be held only on those days, but the important events will to ensure we have a decent number of players involved.

So if you are interested in joining this campaign as one of the 5-8 main players, send me a PM or post here. Once I have volunteers, I will get you added to the campaign forum and we will discuss good days/times to try and hold the main campaign events.
(09-24-2012, 10:59 AM)Thayan Wrote: “The end times are nigh! Ours is deserved damnation!”

So if you are interested in joining this campaign as one of the 5-8 main players, send me a PM or post here. Once I have volunteers, I will get you added to the campaign forum and we will discuss good days/times to try and hold the main campaign events.[/i]

"Ah'm your huckleberry"

Though I really don't have a character to play yet....
If it's an open level thing I could make one to fit in a group.

Also if you're into it, and depending on who is playing whom, I would like to play Maegor? He went to Anhur after the runes of chaos but maybe the old god of war thinks it is time for Hadryllis and he to return for one final battle?
100 Rocks and squats later he had learned Hellslaps lesson well.
Hmmm...not a bad idea actually. I think that is a cool idea to bring back any old PCs who may have been voluntarily or involuntarily retired or killed at the end of any of the previous campaigns. So for anyone contemplating being one of the 5-8 main players, if you have an old PC you'd like to use I can make it available again in your vault so long as you can think of an IC way to explain and RP its return. :)
Duston wouldn't mind being one of the mains. I can most almost all events held on weekends.
Tempus' orders to all combatants:
1. Be fearless. 2. Never turn away from a fight. 3. Obey the rules of war.
Would like to be a part of it, can do whatever schedule is best for the rest.
I'd like to be a part of this as well. Saturday and sundays can be a bit sketchy for me now, but with forewarning I could secure an evening once a week to do this. I could play either Taygete or Mirabela for this, whatever would work best for you.
Pluto is still a planet.
Thanks for everyone so far who has expressed an interest in being one of the main players. You should each have access to the Deserved Damnation campaign forum to start discussing the best times/dates to hold our semi-regular main events.

There is still a spot or two open. So if you want to be involved in the campaign and have a say as to when the main campaign events are held, post here or PM me to get added to the campaign forum. Regardless though, I will post times for the main events and all players are welcome to join - although please note some may have level or type-of-PC restrictions.
I'll try to wrestle my way into this.
"Survival of the fittest and the winnowing of the weak are Malar's Legacy. A brutal, bloody death or kill has great meaning. The crux of life is the challenge between the hunter and the prey, the determination of who lives or dies. View every important task as a hunt. Remain ever alert and alive."
Boy, that was quick. With the most recent requests we now have surpassed my goal of trying to get 8 people interested as main players in the campaign. All of you who expressed interest should now be able to see the forums and discuss dates/times. For anyone that cannot - just keep an eye on this thread and I'll be announcing all of the open scheduled events ahead of time that anyone who has a PC that meets the criteria can participate in.

Stay tuned...
*sounds like fun :P count me in am avail either in the mornings tue/thursday or most evenings after 8pm EST

~Aurora ~

(09-24-2012, 10:59 AM)Thayan Wrote: “The end times are nigh! Ours is deserved damnation!”

The cry rang out from the doomsayer in the black of night, echoing throughout the nearly deserved streets. No rest for the damned the Red Wizard thought as he waddled along, finally reaching the Bezantur City Tombs. If he only knew how right he is, he would run screaming from the doom approaching.

The man made his way through the silent crypts. Adventurers had done their job well and the crypts had been near-barren of the more powerful undead that could pose any threat to him for years now. That will soon change - he was only holding them back for this moment in time.

He finally arrived in his master’s chambers, deep within the most ancient and hidden tombs of Bezantur. He was not alone. All the highest leaders of the Vengeful had been gathered, as he knew they would. The time has come! Now we shall finally move out of the shadows and put our plans to action! He gazed around the room at his peers, weighing each as he slowly made his way to the large chair kept for him.

There sat the vampire Victor, leader of the Shadow circle - master of their spy network and assassins. Once a puppet of Tam’s, then Velsharoon, and now of their leader directly, his responsibilities were quite dangerous and difficult. But with a legion of vampires behind you, that should make any task easier, he imagined. Except crossing a river or getting a tan he chuckled inwardly to himself.

Across from him sat the Old Man, who very un-originally called himself ‘The Thayan’, in charge of the Counter circle that worked to unbalance the power of the Reds. His was a neverending quest to bring those of a ‘good’ nature to Thay and willing or not, get them to work in cooperation with the enemies of Thay. Old fool he thought as his scowl turned the old man’s gaze from him with a sad smile.

Next to him sat Maligor, looking stone faced and quite perturbed. So he did survive both the cave-in and Tam’s discovery of him upon his less-than-triumphant return. Impressive. Apparently his attention did not go unnoticed as the leader of the Arcane Circle turned and sneered at him, shaking his head.

There was another man he did not know sitting next to his oversized chair. He must be the new leader of the Vengeful’s Temple Circle that had nearly imploded when Velsharoon had so ungratefully left them to assume the mantle of godhood. That debacle had nearly cost them both the Temple and Shadow circles, but for whatever reason Velsharoon had granted his patronage to the Vengeful after his ascension -or to at least their leader- and the decades of work spent on each had been salvaged for the most part. At least, that was his understanding. But then their master told them nothing of the workings or status of the different circles.

He sat down heavily in his chair, panting from the exertion of such a long walk. He knew many of the others were looking at him with contempt, but he had long ago risen above such petty emotions. He was perhaps the most savvy and richest man in Thay - hence his position as leader of the Trade Circle of the Vengeful. His activities funded everything they did. Let them sneer and scoff all they like. They depended on him. Just as their master. That was all that mattered.

Mere moments after he was seated the raspy voice of their master seemed to fill the dead air all around them with words each had waiting years, decades, or entire lifetimes to hear.

“Our plans have come to fruition. The necessary agents are in place. We move to claim Thay now! This is how we will begin...”

----------------------------------------------------------

This is the final campaign of the ‘Epic Saga’ campaign series that started with the Wheels in Motion campaign almost two years ago. It is also the final campaign of the current Thay PW setting, which upon completion will end in a setting reboot.

All players and PCs are welcome to join this campaign and I will make virtually all events run for it open to whoever would like to join. However, to ensure that this most events are held at a time we will have people available, I am looking for a core group of 5-8 players that believe they can make most of the events held over the course of the next 3 months or so. I will coordinate with those people initially so we can narrow down the good day(s) to hold the most important events so most of them can make it. Events for this campaign will not just be held only on those days, but the important events will to ensure we have a decent number of players involved.

So if you are interested in joining this campaign as one of the 5-8 main players, send me a PM or post here. Once I have volunteers, I will get you added to the campaign forum and we will discuss good days/times to try and hold the main campaign events.